London Ontario, Canada.

Hi folks.
First, I like to say thanks, to all that have contributed to this Forum in whatever way they have.
Second, I've been lurking @ this Forum for @ 3yrs. reading and researching.
We bought this house 3.5 yrs. ago, and prior to that I never wanted a pool let alone, enjoy one. It just came with the house and was under 2ft of snow.
I'm a bit of a workaholic. At home I'm always planning and prepping the next 5 projects before finishing the current one. A pool makes me slow down and smell the roses, if u know what I mean. I guess I didn't want the extra work. But I've learned it not that much aside from opening and closing. A beautiful "t" shaped pool with Roman stairs at the top. Top of the "t" is all shallow and the bottom of the "t" is the deep end.
As a note the previous owner had use a pool additive called "C-Pool Mineral Treatment". It worked very well. I purchased my TF-100 and a Copper Test Kit, the first year with the pool. All has been great. Opening was easier and faster then this first year of committing to BBB. I've dabbled with the BBB that last 3 yrs. but have decided to try a BBB opening.
The mistake I made when opening a 3 weeks ago(mesh cover) was not maintaining "Shock Level" long enough-till crystal clear. I assumed once passing "OCLT" and CC is 0.5 or lower, all was good. Till I dug deep into the forum. At 35,000 gal. it's taking its time filtering out the dead algae. Currently adding DE to sand filter. It's helping. I'm still maintaining "Shock Level" and have already used 100 litres of 12% chlorine. Hope to got to maintenance level in the me t 2-3 days. We'll have to see how long it takes next spring w/no errors.
Apologies for being "long in the tooth".....
Take care,
Dave.