Walls stained yellow. PleasePleasePlease help

Jun 2, 2013
Hi, I really need help. I'm only 14, and it's up to me to keep my pool clean because my dad died about a year and a half ago and I'm not quite sure on what to do. So the water is clean with perfect chlorine and acid levels, but a few years ago it was a complete swamp. When we got it clean, the water was fine, I was able to scrub most of the algae away, although the walls were kind of stained a light yellowish color. It was worst around the steps. But it seems to slowly be getting worse no matter how much i scrub and I really need to know how to fix it. I have looked at other post with similar questions but I don't really understand what to do. Can some please tell me what to do in words that an average 14 year old will be able to understand?

Welcome to TFP!

Try holding a Vitamin C tablet against one of the stained areas for 30 seconds and see what happens. If the stains vanish in that immediate area then they are iron stains and can be removed with an AA treatment.

JasonLion said:
Welcome to TFP!

Try holding a Vitamin C tablet against one of the stained areas for 30 seconds and see what happens. If the stains vanish in that immediate area then they are iron stains and can be removed with an AA treatment.

Thanks, I'll try it. But what exactly is an "AA treatment?"

nwsnoah said:
JasonLion said:
Welcome to TFP!

Ascorbic Acid treatment to remove metal stains. All info in Pool School, big white button at the top right of each page.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Butterfly said:
nwsnoah said:
JasonLion said:
Welcome to TFP!

Ascorbic Acid treatment to remove metal stains. All info in Pool School, big white button at the top right of each page.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks you so much

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Maybe, if you can, post up a picture of the pool and the equipment and we can help you identify what you have. :goodjob:

So sorry for your loss! :(

Here's a picture (it's not that great) It looks like that in a lot of places around the pool and it won't come off no matter how hard i scrub. I tried the vitamin C tablet in many spots. It made a little difference in on spot, but in all the others it did nothing. I will try to add a picture of the vitamin c tablets to make sure I'm using the right ones. Am I using the right stuff? Any other suggestions on what to do? Thank you everyone.

Attachments

• pool 2.JPG
    pool 2.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 77
  • pool.JPG
    pool.JPG
    411 KB · Views: 77
  • pool 3.JPG
    pool 3.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 77
Casey said:
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Maybe, if you can, post up a picture of the pool and the equipment and we can help you identify what you have. :goodjob:

So sorry for your loss! :(

I posted a couple pictures above, but i don't know if like i need to quote you in order for you see it so here

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
harleysilo said:
Pictures of your equiptment will help us make recommendations to you. How are you testing the chemical levels now?

I don't think my current equiptment will help because it's been like the for a while. They're just really bad stains. It's as if the walls were originally painted yellow.

We are sorry for your loss and glad that you are here with us.

The TFP folks will walk you thru all the pool issues you may have.

What test kit are you using?

Please post a full set of test resuts on the pool water and tell us how you got them...and a test for metals.

Also, it would be good to have a test of your fill water. TA, CH, pH & a test for metals.

nwsnoah said:
harleysilo said:
Pictures of your equiptment will help us make recommendations to you. How are you testing the chemical levels now?

I don't think my current equiptment will help because it's been like the for a while. They're just really bad stains. It's as if the walls were originally painted yellow.
Is your pool a salt water pool, do you have a salt water chlorine generator? Do you add chlorine via pucks? Do you have a sand filter, cartridge, DE? I know you want to solve the stains, we want to help you take total control of your pool.

harleysilo said:
nwsnoah said:
harleysilo said:

Is your pool a salt water pool, do you have a salt water chlorine generator? Do you add chlorine via pucks? Do you have a sand filter, cartridge, DE? I know you want to solve the stains, we want to help you take total control of your pool.

I really don't know the answer to alot of the questions people are asking, and i don't know what a lot of this stuff means, but I know it's not salt water and that I use chlorine pucks, and some liquid chlorine

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.