Intex Ultra Frame, 2650gph salt system problem

Jun 2, 2013
New Jersey
I just set up my Intex Ultra Frame 16 x 32 with a 2650 sand filter pump with a salt system. I added the salt and did the set up by the book. My salt is perfect at about 3000 ppm but the high salt buzzer keeps coming on. I set the pump and start the cycle and a minute in it starts beeping and starts gives the code for high salt. Anybody have this problem?

Have you tried turning it off and back on? Sometimes I have had erratic readings and simply turning it off/unplugging it and turning back on has corrected the problem. That is about as far as my "expertise" goes. There are a lot of people on this forum who ARE experts! Hope it helps!

I have been using Leslie's salt test strips. They are reading 2500 ppm. I have also used Aguacheck which are reading 2620 ppm. I have also had water checked by two pool companies both read 2600 ppm. I know it is not "salt problem" It is something in the pump that is making it read high salt. I called Intex and explained the problem they sent me a new $219 pump for free. But I got the same results. I didn't know if there is a way to adjust the setting on the the inside of the pump? So now Intex want me to send one pump back on my dime that is not going to happen. The other readings in the pool are with in range. If I hook up a battery charger to the chlorine maker it self it works but I cant use the timer it is a pain in the butt. Thanks

I kind of had the other problem of being low when it was right in the middle. Once I found the salt was eating my electric pool heater I dumped the salt for BBB and honestly have the best pool ever. I know it seems to late for you but the intex stuff will give you two to three years at best before you will be replacing something. Do what you have to now, but in the future I seriously recommend separate pump and SWG if you go that way and better yet....BBB.

Other than sticking a running hose in the pump intake to fake the pump out that you have less salt than you do, I feel a partial drain and refill is in you future. Or find some bleach and use BBB for the rest of the season.....

Bob E

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
got the intex salt water system on my pool. Only had low salt error when my electrodes had massive amounts of calcium deposits on them. Unhooked the Swg put the end caps on and filled with vinegar. Wait a couple hours for the vinegar to work its magic and took hose out and sprayed out everything. Hooked it back up and the error would go away. If you have never run the swg before then I wouldn't have a clue what is triggering the error code...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.