Clear water, pool still green, very frustrated in PA

Jun 2, 2013
I think we may have an algae problem... Especially after reading the posts on your website (which are very informative and appreciated). Had a crystal clear pool last year and this year, not so much yet. Pool store says water is testing fine and suggested we use Algaecide - a gallon to start and we did, and we brushed and we scrubbed the sides and bottom of the pool, but the green tint is keeping everyone from going in to swim. Need help please !
About a 12,000 gal fiberglass pool.
Cl = .5 - 1.0
Br = 1.5
pH = 7.0 - 7.1

Welcome to TFP!

Please don't add anymore algaecide. It's expensive and not necessary. We really need some accurate test results. You should purchase a high-quality test kit such as a TF-100 or a Taylor K-2006 from tftestkits.net. They arrive quickly after you place your order. We need test results for FC, CC, pH, TA, and CYA. Once we have those, we can help you.

Welcome!
wave.gif

Sorry to say, your story is hardly unique this time of year. You've been pool-stored. It's so common, we even have a special thread turning-your-green-swamp-back-into-a-sparkling-oasis-t4147.html

More inspiration:
a-little-encouragement-for-those-with-algae-and-new-to-bbb-t57137.html
frog-filled-green-swamp-to-oasis-work-in-progress-t48213-20.html be sure to look at page 2
before-and-after-t36785.html
a-final-picture-set-of-how-well-the-bbb-method-works-t33199.html

You can do this!

You're no stranger to throwing money at the pool - I'll bet that algaecide wasn't cheap - so throw a little more and go to tftestkits and order up a TF100 and the XL option (because the pool has algae). For a change, you'll be spending it wisely. :wink: I also recommend a speedstir, just because it makes it so much easier. No one who has one regrets buying it!

Armed with your own test kit and the articles in http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/, you can fix this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.