Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Fist Intex pool, just a question?

1. Back To Top    #1

Fist Intex pool, just a question?

This is the first time we have bought a intex pool, it's only about 3Feet deep. The filtration system is a 637R. Sorry if my questions seems dumb, but how long am I suppose to run the filtration system especially for the first time? Thank you in advance!
    Maria

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Fist Intex pool, just a question?

The right answer is long enough to keep the water clean enough for your liking. But if we knew the size of your pool, we could suggest a starting point.

What size intex pool do you have?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for your quick response. It's only a 10x30. I researched it, and what I came up with was 4-6hrs, but now since it's raining over here, should I let it run longer before the next use of the pool? Like I said this is my first time having a pool with a pump and chemicals. Thank you again The actual model number is 637r.
    Maria

4. Back To Top    #4

Rain actually shouldn't hurt the water too bad, just make sure you always keep enough Chlorine in it.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

5. Back To Top    #5

I put a huge chlorine puck in it last night, I had to cut it up so it would fit in the tiny container that I bought for the pool, I assume that I will have to redo the chlorine once the weather gets better or do I have to keep constantly putting it in until the rain stops?
    Maria

6. Back To Top    #6

Are you planning on using Trichlor pucks to chlorinate?
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes, I bought a little tub of them last night? Do you suggest something else?
    Maria

8. Back To Top    #8

Yes, read pool school, there's a button in the top right of every web page here.
    Intex Ultra Frame 26'x52"
    Intex 2,500 gal/hr pump with Unicel cartridge filter.

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank you, I will take a look. I appreciate all the help
    Maria

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm using the stick to dip, I hate it. What do you suggest I buy? Also, I can't seem to get the pools chemistry to balance at all, it could be the **** sticks that Im using, but the readings are all over the place. UGH
    Maria

11. Back To Top    #11

Test strips are worthless. See the link in my signature for the test kits we recommend ... the FAS-DPD chlorine test is the key.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

Thank you, but those test cost more than my sons pool...lol. I know that Ocean State has a test kit like that for $14.00, I'll try that, I know it's probably not going to give me the best result because of the price, but, I can't afford 70-90 bucks just for a 10x30 pool that cost $45.00..lol Although I would save on the water bill, I don't want to keep dumping out the water either. UGHHH
    Maria

13. Back To Top    #13

If you don't want to spend much money, and since your pool is very small in volume, I would look at getting a 2-way drop based test. Most stores have them for under 10 bucks. It has a drop based Total chlorine test and the ph test all on one fixture. That test will get you by if you follow this pool school article: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...ary_pool_guide

Then if the pool does get out of control, I would dump it and start over.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

14. Back To Top    #14

Ah, missed the size of the pool

The 6-way HTH from Walmart would get you almost everything ... but again with the size of the pool, not sure how important it is to be testing CH.
    pH, TA, FC, and CYA are still pretty important.

Or just test for pH and TC and try to track the CYA based on what you add. IF the pool heads downhill ... just start over.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

15. Back To Top    #15

It's ok, thank you, I seen one of those test kits, I'll pick one up. Like I said, it's small, but I really don't want to be dumping water every other day, it may be small, but the water bill does add up. I appreciate this thank you. Once our weather gets better, I'll just start all over, I may be better off since there is pollen galore and the weather has been either raining or cool, sunny and windy!
    Maria