Help with Pool Pilot Digital Nano

Jun 2, 2013
I am new to pool ownership as I had recently purchased a home with a salt water pool.

I know nothing about it and had someone come in and open it for me and set everything up. My Pool Pilot Didigital Nano which uses RC35/22 cells had worked the first day. After that it is not working at all. I keep getting the Error Purifer off check flow message. I tried everything in the book to fix this but nothing has worked. Any suggestions on what else could be the problem? The only thing I couldnt do was get the Tri Sensor out and check that. Before I pay someone $150 to come look at it, I would like to know if there is anything else I can do.

20 X 40 inground pool 30,000 gallons. At start up the Autopilot worked and told me to add 125lbs of salt, the temp was 67 degrees.

Welcome to TFP!

There are a number of things to check. The one most people miss is the small strainer basket inside one of the unions on the AutoPilot manifold. Also, make sure the skimmer basket(s) are clear, the pump strainer basket is clear, the filter pressure is in the normal range, and no valves are set into positions that would restrict water flow. And finally, take a look at the spring valve in the straight through section of the manifold and make sure it isn't being held open by any kind of debris.

So after reading more posts on similar topics, I am seeing I should be adding chlorine and now that the pool is turning green, should I shock it too? Is there an easy calculator anyone can suggest on how much chlorine to add while waiting for this to get fixed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.