Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help with Pool Pilot Digital Nano

1. Back To Top    #1

Help with Pool Pilot Digital Nano

I am new to pool ownership as I had recently purchased a home with a salt water pool.

I know nothing about it and had someone come in and open it for me and set everything up. My Pool Pilot Didigital Nano which uses RC35/22 cells had worked the first day. After that it is not working at all. I keep getting the Error Purifer off check flow message. I tried everything in the book to fix this but nothing has worked. Any suggestions on what else could be the problem? The only thing I couldnt do was get the Tri Sensor out and check that. Before I pay someone $150 to come look at it, I would like to know if there is anything else I can do.

20 X 40 inground pool 30,000 gallons. At start up the Autopilot worked and told me to add 125lbs of salt, the temp was 67 degrees.
    30,000 gallon IGP 20 x 40 with 4ft round Spa
    Hayward 2420 D.E. filter
    Pool Pilot Digital Nano 75040 SCG with CoPilot Ozonator3
    Haywars Superpump 1.5HP pump

Pool is outside on Long Island, NY and opened May 20th

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help with Pool Pilot Digital Nano

Welcome to TFP!

There are a number of things to check. The one most people miss is the small strainer basket inside one of the unions on the AutoPilot manifold. Also, make sure the skimmer basket(s) are clear, the pump strainer basket is clear, the filter pressure is in the normal range, and no valves are set into positions that would restrict water flow. And finally, take a look at the spring valve in the straight through section of the manifold and make sure it isn't being held open by any kind of debris.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Jason

Thanks for the response. I checked all those as per the instruction manual. The only thing listed I couldn't get to was the Tri Sensor itself.
    Hayward 2420 D.E. filter

4. Back To Top    #4

So after reading more posts on similar topics, I am seeing I should be adding chlorine and now that the pool is turning green, should I shock it too? Is there an easy calculator anyone can suggest on how much chlorine to add while waiting for this to get fixed?
    Hayward 2420 D.E. filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Go to pool school top right of the page. Then read read read. There is the pool calculator also in there. Read how to properly shock your pool. Good luck.
    20 X 40 Vinyl IG 28K gallons, Heat Siphon Z700HP, Hayward 4820 DE, Hayward SP3400VSP, Jandy aquapure 1400, TFTest Kit, Pool School, Pool Calculator