Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Intex ultra fram w/swg and sand filter help with chems

1. Back To Top    #1

New Intex ultra fram w/swg and sand filter help with chems

So i just finished setting up pool (18 x9 x 52) yesterday added 115 lbs of salt and let the filter run for 24 hours without turning on the SWG like the directions say. But I didnt add the cyanuric acid. I dont know if i should have added it when i added the salt? if i add it today do i need to leave the swg off still and run filter another 24 hours? Also I read some where in this forum about muratc acid for ph
    Intex Ultra Frame 18 x 9 x 52 rectangle. 4545 Gallons.
    12 in Krystal Clear™ Sand Filter Pump w/ GFCI.
    Krystal Clear Saltwater System™ w/ GFCI.
    TF-100 Taylor testing.
    K-1000 Taylor testing.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Intex ultra fram w/swg and sand filter help with ch

Chlorine is the single most important thing to get into your pool. Can you test for it? Is the SWG generating?

read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes it is generating. I just turned on swg at 7pm how long before I can test? Should I sdd my cyanuric acid now?
    TF-100 Taylor testing.
    K-1000 Taylor testing.

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't have an SWG, but seems to me you can get the CYA in a sock and hang it in front of a return now. Use pool calculator to see how much - I think you target 70 for SWG.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

5. Back To Top    #5

What test kit do you have? Pretty sure you can test for chlorine anytime after you've had an hour or so of good circulation, but with a simple OTO test you will max out at 5 on the tester. If you have an FAS-DPD test (which is highly recommended) you can test FC and CC to any level.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

6. Back To Top    #6

Well I bought the instant liquid cya. I am 1st time pool owner so I dont know what kind of test kit I have. They are strips. Copper, fc, ph, ta
    TF-100 Taylor testing.
    K-1000 Taylor testing.