Newbie Questions from Tucson Here in Da House

Jun 1, 2013
Hi Folks,

I am just beginning the research on getting an AGP here in Tucson AZ. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and have a few questions:

1. Do I need to get a permit to have an AGP installed? Of course I will follow the barrier laws, which seem basically that the steps/ladder to the pool must be lockable.

2. Do I need to inform my Home Warranty Company? Get additional insurance?

3. What about getting a pool financed? Is this possible? I would love to get a resin sided pool for durability.

I am a single mom of a 5 year old special needs child. I do okay financially, but am not chocked full of money, so I need to watch my pennies. Do yall think I can get a small round resin pool (10-12 ft round, 48-52 inches deep) and deck installed for 5000 or less? That is something I can pay off in 12-18 months easily.

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I would love to swim this summer, but realistically, I think it will be next year.

Dark in da House

darkling said:
Hi Folks,

I am just beginning the research on getting an AGP here in Tucson AZ. I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks now and have a few questions:

1. Do I need to get a permit to have an AGP installed? Of course I will follow the barrier laws, which seem basically that the steps/ladder to the pool must be lockable.

Maybe. Do you live in a city or have an HOA? I'd start there.

2. Do I need to inform my Home Warranty Company? Get additional insurance?

Also maybe. I would call them to check. Don't tel them you have one. Tell them you are looking into it.

3. What about getting a pool financed? Is this possible? I would love to get a resin sided pool for durability.

Sure! Many ABG pool dealers offer financing.

I am a single mom of a 5 year old special needs child. I do okay financially, but am not chocked full of money, so I need to watch my pennies. Do yall think I can get a small round resin pool (10-12 ft round, 48-52 inches deep) and deck installed for 5000 or less? That is something I can pay off in 12-18 months easily.

I would think that $5000 for what you describe would be way over price. Have you looked into Intex pools?

Any thoughts, tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I would love to swim this summer, but realistically, I think it will be next year.

Dark in da House

Thanks for the response.

No HOA............Yippee, but I do live in the city of Tucson proper.

I didnt want a soft sided pool because I have a big Lab Mix puppy that loves to chew and dig. Need something not so palatable for her when she is in the yard.

Yippee on the financing also.

Thanks.

Any other insights folk? I need all the help I can get. Anyone from Tucson?

Dark in da House

Not sure what the barrier laws are for above ground pools within the city. Likely depends on the height of the pool from the ground. Check the city of Tucson permits website or give them a call.

I would go with a little bit bigger than a 12ft pool. I know it's just you and your son (going off your post) but he's going to grow so if you could, I'd go with atleast a 15-18ft round.

I wish I had a smaller pool said no one ever! :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.