Deck Privacy

Jun 8, 2008
NJ
Looking for ideas for the some privacy while on the pool deck.
Have some trees on the right side but nothing on the left.
I dont want the great wall of China but something that looks good and does the job.

8xpwu8.jpg

Since it's an ABG pool, it's raised up and that makes it tougher.

I'm not sure what grows up there. Down in Texas, we can use oleander and red wax leaf shrubs since they are hardy and can get really occlusive if you allow them to. First, I would look into fencing. Then, I'd check out things you can plant.

I don't know what they were, but I saw a pool here in town a month or two ago where the back side of the pool was blocked off with a grove of small wispy trees that stood 15-20 feet high and were bushy all the way to the ground spaced about 2 feet apart and staggered 2 or 3 trees deep. Perhaps you could ask on a landscaping forum like gardenweb for some advice of identification help, they made me think of some sort of willow, but I really don't have a clue what they were.

Ike

ps After a bit of searching I think what they had was Sky Pencil Holly, even though most listings show the height at 8-10 feet that seems to be average height at 10 years of age with it being available already at 5-6 feet and a growth rate of up to a foot per year depending on climate. The house where I saw it was probably built in the mid 1990's, pool may be a couple of years newer. So 15-20 feet at 15 or so years in Louisiana may be about right if planted at about 6 ft height.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.