Looking for advice on my AGP drainage issue

cjs70

Jun 2, 2013
Hey all,

I installed a 24' round AGP last fall. I opened it last weekend and we have definitely been enjoying it.

I do not have a large back yard so there weren't a lot of options for placement. My yard does have some slope to it from the house to the rear lot line. The installers had to remove 12-15 inches of soil on the side near my house. At the back of the yard there was no need for any additional soil removal as it is already the lowest point in my yard. So my dillema is, the water is now pooling on the side of the pool nearest my house. Basically I have no drainage flow around the pool. It's been damp on that side of the pool since it was put in, and even through the spring. We have had a good amount of rain over the last few days and the ground is saturated now so it's just pooling there now. Last night's storm was the straw that broke the camel's back.

So I was thinking of going with a french drain. The problem I see with that is that the back side of the pool is already the lowest point in my yard. I don't think I will be able to effectively create any sort of slope from front to back using a french drain.

When I back filled, I was told to do so just to the level of the track for the pool wall, not above. Is it okay to back fill up the pool walls a few inches to create the slope I might need for a french drain? Or if anyone has any ideas for another option that would be great.

Attachments

• pool1.JPG
    pool1.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 85
  • pool2.JPG
    pool2.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 85
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.