Just Getting Started THIS YEAR!

been 3yr follower of this forum with a 15x48 intex regular frame pool, no mods at all still running 1000/gal pump.

this year we have had alot of pinholes where the bottom part of the liner seams into the bottom of the walls. 10holes over 3 years

first year pool was set up on tarps and plastic sheeting roll.
second year pool was on play sand from home depot with a tarp under the sand. used 4"x4" laminated squares to shim/level pool
third year (this year) more sand leveled, with 12"x12"x1in thick concrete squares under legs tarp over the sand this year.

down along the wall where bottom liner is seamed to walls, blocks look stretched out anyone elses like this?]

now onto pool water. pool was filled with hose again this year full fill.
using HTH super shock 49% cal hypo HTH granulated reg chlorine aswell
ran about 1.5lb of HTH dual action tabs in floating skimmer.

I been adding between 6-3oz of the granulated chlorine daily. I test daily
test results.
1.5FC & 7.3PH before chlorine

4-5FC & 7.2PH after chlorine. typically.

guess my question is. is this normal 3-6oz daily typical? also I know my CYA is almost non-existant. I plan on using 3" dual action pucks in the floating skimmer weekly along with the granulated chlorine/shock in poured into skimmer. so my chlorine consumption should slow down as the year continues. last year right before the pool got taken down for the year it started to turn brownish I would assume algee growth. I dont want that during the year this year. I was thinking to move my Target daily FC level up 1 PPM each month so like June my Target level is above. next month it would go up 1 ppm so on and so forth as I will be adding CYA via the 3" floating pucks. Secondly should I increase my PH? Last year it was almost a 7.0 by the end of the season. Which was when it started turning colors.

I have a OTO test for TC and DPD test for FC/PH

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.