Aluminum Sulfate to help get rid of pollen?

We have a lot of pollen in our pool. We are surrounded by pine and oak trees on two sides of our yard, so we get tons of pollen. This is our first year dealing with it, as our pool went up last June. We have vacucumned to waste, and have vacuumned with two skimmer socks and still have a lot of pollen. It cleans the pool, but by the next day the pollen is back. I don't believe it is yellow mustard because it doesn't act like yellow mustard in that it goes anywhere in the pool, not just the shady side. We dealt with yellow mustard last year so I'm familiar with that.
My question - because this pollen is fine, should we add aluminum sulfate to the pool and will that take care of the problem. We haven't used it before, but we heard that the pollen will bind to it, so it will get stuck in the skimmer sock.

Should that be the next step?
Thanks for your help.
Dawn

2clowns said:
What would you suggest then? We are at a loss as to what to do.
I live in a high pollen area, and one of the local pool techs that I trust, said the only thing to do is just backwash often during the pollen dump (like weekly or more if necessary).

You might want to consider putting a sock on your skimmer basket as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.