Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Are valves in correct position?

1. Back To Top    #1

Are valves in correct position?

The actuator valves at the top and bottom in the photo showing all four control water flow to pool and spar or just spar. The question I have is related to the handle position of the two middle valves. I do not know the internal configuration of the valves but should the "off" word be positioned on the right of each valve? The current position appears to be partially blocking the pipe coming from the "bottom" of each valve. Thanks for your help.

10K gal Gunite Inground Pool with 250 gal attached spill-over spar, Goldline Aqua-Rite T-Cell 5 SWG, 2 hp pump, cartridge filter, Heatwave AquaCal Heat n' Cool unit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Are valves in correct position?

The diverter or gate is opposite of the handle on those valves. In the picture, they are partially blocking the pipe to the bottom.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Are valves in correct position?

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    The diverter or gate is opposite of the handle on those valves. In the picture, they are partially blocking the pipe to the bottom.
    I appreciate the info Dave, thanks.
    10K gal Gunite Inground Pool with 250 gal attached spill-over spar, Goldline Aqua-Rite T-Cell 5 SWG, 2 hp pump, cartridge filter, Heatwave AquaCal Heat n' Cool unit.