Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water seepage into pool before plaster

1. Back To Top    #1

Water seepage into pool before plaster

There are two places in my gunite shell that seem to always be wet. They are in the shallow end. I know it is not water table since i have hydro valves in deep end and they are dry. No other source of water besides surface runoff. I plan on installing surface drain pipe at edge of deck to direct water around pool and into woods. But is there anything i need to do with these areas of gunite where it seeps in? Will it cause issues or discoloration of the plaster over time?
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water seepage into pool before plaster

Now that I have watched this i can answer my own question... it appears that water seepage is most problematic when the plaster is being installed... it will cause it to droop and slide down a wall... my PB stopped as much as they could with hydraulic cement and a torch before plastering... but still had to deal with some coming through my rocks with a sock full of plaster power.
    32K gal, gunite, French Gray DB, IntelliFlo VF, IntelliFlo, WhisperFlo, Quad DE 100 filter, IntelliTouch, IC-60 SWG, IntelliChem, Dolphin M5