Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pentair sand dollar filter and 1hp pump

1. Back To Top    #1

pentair sand dollar filter and 1hp pump

Purchased this and reading instructions see lots of people bought pumps and filters other then intex did they say the following
    Not for use with storable pools, a storable pool is constructed to be disassembled for storage and has a max dimension of 18ft and wall height of 48 or lower. Ours is 22x52 says can be used with those smaller sizes if protected by factory installed double insulated enclosure. I dont get it.. whats the diference its a 1hp sand filter and pump. Also see alot of u cover with storage containers we get up to 115 here in phx should we cover the pumps and Filter we r getting a huge 9 tilting umbrella to shade some of pool figured would shade area where pump is

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pentair sand dollar filter and 1hp pump

The reason for the warning is that most storable pools aren't bonded or set up for permanent electrical service.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Im not sure i understand i have a plug on my patio was planning on running an ext cord is there anyotherway or sothing else i ned to do

4. Back To Top    #4

You should have a dedicated receptacle ran to the pump location from your power panel. If the pump has a cord it's only going to eb 3' long and you shouldn't use an extension cord.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok what is a dedicated receptable and how do i get one. Is this something an electrician is needed for?

6. Back To Top    #6

A dedicated receptacle is a receptacle that only the pump gets plugged into. It should be a single receptacle.

Unless you or handy with electrical (or have a friend that is) you need an electrician to install one. It needs to be on a GFCI breaker or it needs to be a GFCI receptacle.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator