Thread: Confirm CH and TA adjustments

1. Back To Top    #1

Confirm CH and TA adjustments

TC - 5
    pH - 7.5
    T/A - 60
    CH - 160
    CYA - 0

Added conditioner the other day, no effect yet so I added the rest today for CYA.
    I did pool calc and should add baking soda to raise the T/A right?
    Do I need to add something to increase calcium or can I leave it alone?

Thanks!
    16,000 gallon, oval, in ground, fiberlass. WhisperFlow WFDS-26, 11/2 horsepower, Triton II Sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confirm CH and TA adjustments

OH! Can I order just a few water test liquids I am running out of? Like the R-0013 and R-o871 without getting a new kit? TF-100 kit. Where do I order from ?
    16,000 gallon, oval, in ground, fiberlass. WhisperFlow WFDS-26, 11/2 horsepower, Triton II Sand filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by josemary9
    Added conditioner the other day, no effect yet so I added the rest today for CYA.
    If you added the granular version of stabilizer, then it can take up to a week to show up. How/where did you add yours?

I did pool calc and should add baking soda to raise the T/A right?
    Baking soda is the right stuff to raise TA, and you are right at the low limit...but before you adjust it, how has your ph stability been? It maybe that your pool has found it sweet spot for TA and ph.

Do I need to add something to increase calcium or can I leave it alone?
    In some cases it may be needed, see: http://www.troublefreepool.com/calci...0.html#p479518

Where do I order from ?
    I get mine from http://tftestkits.net. The owner of tftestkits is also the owner of this site.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

You should give CYA a full week to dissolve and show up on the test.

Raising TA a little is a good idea as long as your don't have a SWG, but I would only raise it a little, say to about 80.

Raising CH is a good idea. Fiberglass seems to do better with CH around 250 to 300.

Yes, the reagents are available separately. A number of places on the Internet sell them, including TFTestKits.net and Amazon.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School