Fiberoptic light disaster - need advice

Jun 2, 2013
My partner and I purchased a foreclosure house that apparently had been an income property for some time. It has a beautiful inground pool with this tiny little fiberoptic pool light. At first, we didn't know what the little broken box outside the pool screen was for, since it is full of dirt. After digging a bit, we found bare fiberoptic cables and electrical wiring. The tower box itself is so damaged it is no longer weather proof. My question is, what do we do with this? What are the options for repairing/replacing? How do I figure out how to put this puppy back to work? I have no way of knowing what brand it originally was, but I'm pretty sure that beyond the cable and wiring, I need all new everything else...I'm just not sure what that is, or how to determine what to buy based on the in-pool side of this equation. Also, and this may sound a little blonde, but should all that dirt be in the tower assembly?

Ideally, I would love to convert this little guy into something that runs solar, if any of you have any ideas, I'd love to hear.

I'm pretty handy, once I figure out what needs to be done, I just need a little starting advice. I don't know much about pool lights.

That looks like it is missing lots of parts. You may want to look at the silver tag on the top to see if you can find a model number and manufacture. If I remember correctly it requires a special hot knife to get the fiber strand melted together into one bundle. I had to replace my fiber optic box and I want to say It cost me about 400 dollars for the part. It was very easy to do, but i didn't have to worry about the fiber as it was already cut and had a connector sort of piece to hold the fiber strands together. Someone more experienced can chime in and give their opinion. I can post pics of what my setup looks like if that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.