Finished vacuuming, now pump is stuck

Achilles

Jul 29, 2011
Northern MN
Hi all,

Not sure what to do. I just finished vacuuming this morning. There was a lot of sand and dirt on the bottom (patio isn't done yet). I went to backwash and rinse, but when I flipped the pump off, changed the valve setting, and turned the pump back on, it just hummed/buzzed and doesn't turn. I suspect sand has bound it up. It was turning fine when I finished vacuuming.

Any suggestions on how to flush it out? It's a 1.5 HP "Premium Blue by Waterway".

Thanks!

It could have a weak start cap. Turn power off on the pump look on the bavk of your pump motor. You should see a flathead screw driver slot. If not remove the screw holding the cover on. Now get a flathead screw driver and turn pump on and turn the shaft with the screw driver. If it takes off then you have a weak start cap.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

More then likely you have weak start cap. Its the round thing with the 2 wires going to it on the back of the pump. Has numbers on the side of it. Can buy one at pool store usually around 8 to 10 dollars. Try turning the power off on the pump again. If it starts on its own then your good. If it doesnt then replace the cap

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.