Cloudy - Not Clearing Up

cardopa1

Silver Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2012
Hi,

My pool open for 9 days. Was green and followed recommended steps and in a few days went from green to cloudy blue. The issue is it has been cloudy for a week and hasn't cleared up. It has improve a little but a week of this and I still can't see my drain in the deep end. Am I impatient ? My readings are:
FC 20
CYA 50
CC 0
TA 60
PH 7.4

You should see SOME improvement daily at this point. Your test results look good.

I think it is now a matter of filtration. Is your pump running 24/7? are you backwashing after a 25% increase in psi? Are you brushing the floors and walls? Are you vacuuming?

Hi,

Yes I have been running filter 24/7, backwashing, brushing and vacuuming. I have seen slight improvements over the week. Just give it more time I guess.

My pool went from green to blue and stayed cloudy for several days. My overnight loss was less then 1 for several days. I used a whole bottle of clarifier from walmart HTH cheap kind and in a day and a half crystal clear. Not sure if it was just ready to clear up or the clarifier helped. Guys on here said it would not hurt so I tried it. FYI

Having this same problem. This is the first year we didn't keep the pool clean year round (in FL) because we *thought* we would be moving. Deal fell through, we are staying so we are trying to get the pool cleared up. We usually use the BBB method of maintaining our pool. This year, the pool is green like it was when we bought the house. Followed the steps to get the algae gone...and we have been at cloudy for two full weeks with just minimal improvement. We have a Hayward cartridge filter, running 24/7, pool filter cleaned often, vacuumed every 1-2 days, sides and bottom brushed down 1-2x a day. Thankfully, we live by the beach so have been cooling off there :-D but sure hope this pool clears up soon!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.