Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Loud pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Loud pump

I have a noisy pentair WFE 28 and was hoping to replace the motor. When I tried to disassemble one of the 4 long bolts snapped. There was a lot of corrosion on other bolts. It's a 7 year old 30k inground A & S gunite pool. Looks like I need to replace pump. Seven years seems pretty good life span for NJ's weather. Recommend using same pump $600 or is there a better pump for the money? Looks like the Pentair whisprflo has many versions w/ similar model #s as well. Full rated, uprated...was the dif besides cost?
    35k IG Gunite, DE 60 SqFt filter, single speed pentair whisperflo WFE 28 2 hp 1.1 sf pump, 7 yr old pool with attach spa, Polaris 380 cleaner w/ booster pump, Jackson, New Jersey

2. Back To Top    #2

Flower Mound, TX

Re: Loud pump

Welcome to TFP!

We almost always recommend that people go for a two-speed or variable speed pump when it comes time to replace. This is because these types of pumps are much more economical when it comes to electricity consumption.

We have several experts who can advise you on your pump selection. Pentair comes very highly recommended.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT