Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: thepoolcleaner hose length? using two skimmers?

1. Back To Top    #1

thepoolcleaner hose length? using two skimmers?

Hi,

I ordered the 2x thepoolcleaner and it looks like I need another 20 feet of hose to make it from the skimmer in the deep end to the shallow end wall. One alternative is to move thepoolcleaner from the deep end skimmer to the shallow end skimmer every time we run it...seems a pita. Does anyone do this or should I just return it in favor of another cleaner?

thanks,
    jd
    37x20, 28,300 gallon gunite, irregularly shaped, hayward 1.5 super pump, hayward 4820 DE filter, northeast geo

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: thepoolcleaner hose length? using two skimmers?

I'm sure you could just buy some extra sections of hose.
    How long is your pool?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

my pool is roughly 37x17 but it's about a 35 foot run from the skimmer in the deep end to the far wall of the shallow end.
    37x20, 28,300 gallon gunite, irregularly shaped, hayward 1.5 super pump, hayward 4820 DE filter, northeast geo

4. Back To Top    #4

You probably needed the 4x, it has a longer hose and a different cleaning pattern.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

yeah, I'll call them tomorrow. I can't find anything on their site which states the hose length of the 4x

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

the 4x comes with two more hoses so a total of 11 hoses - 33 ft. It is geared a little different but I haven't had any issues with using a 2x in large pools (I have 12 of these on my accounts). Why can't you just leave it in the shallow end skimmer? Just curious.