Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Frogs in pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Frogs in pool

I just joined and read the rules but if I do something not quite right, plez let me know. Didn't see anything about the subjects I have questions on so will post them one at a time with different subjects.
    A neighbor behind me let his inground pool go 2-3 yrs ago and frogs invaded it. They now have a new colony in my yard and I caught three of them in my pool couple nites ago. Fished them out and put them across fence but next night they were in my pool again so did same thing and turned my pump on auto for 4 hrs. which I don't like to do when I'm sleeping
    Is there anything I can do short of covering the pool each eve? If a cover is the answer, any ideas on a lightweight cover, how to secure it and easy way of putting it and taking it off myself?? The cover that came with the pool is too bulky for me to do it myself.
    Thank you

14' AGP Intex metal frame pool with 2500 gph pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Frogs in pool

Welcome to the forum. Each morning I fish out an average of 4-5 toads. After a big rain, it'll be 10 toads and a couple of frogs.

I seriously don't have any answer but simply thought my experience might make you feel a bit better!!
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Washington, Indiana

I've had several in my pool over the years and after the wife and kids brought home a couple cats the numbers decreased. I didn't link the decreasing frog numbers to the cats till I started seeing the cats with a frog in it's mouth from time to time. I've never been a cat person but if they keep frogs and lizards out of the pool I'm ok with them.
    20,000 gal/ Fiberglass IG/ Sta-rite s7m120 cartridge filter/Sta-rite SR400NA 400,000 btu heater/Polaris 360 Cleaner/K-2006 Test Kit
    Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide
    Columbia SC

I'm sure I'm not the only one who can add to the list of unwanted guests but I can definitely add snake,skink and lizard along with frogs.......not to mention all the mole crickets and giant fat spiders.
    18*36*23 true "L" vinyl IG 29,000 gallons. SWG. TF-100 test kit.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Tucson, AZ

Just saw my first gila monster in the wild. Too bad it was at the bottom of the skimmer.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

South Florida

The easy way to get rid of frogs is simply relocate them to a new yard kind of like throwing them into a long ride dont worry their pretty tough :}
    Heave Ho
    pool size 16,000
    Jandy cartridge filter
    IG with spa and waterfall
    Diamond brite blue
    Jandy 1.5 hp 125gpm
    hayward navigator cleaner