Losing water in Jacuzzi

Jun 1, 2013
Not 100% sure this is the right sub forum so please move if necessary ....

I have a pool and a above ground Jacuzzi attached to it, it water falls into pool when the pump is running but when the pump is not running it empties into the pool by about half way.

I was told to install a check valve in the bypass line by my pool guy even though I already had one but I added another one anyway, I was told that was bad and to install another one and now I have three 1" check valves installed and it still does it.

My New pool guy ( last one was a drunk also my brother-in-law) had no clue how to fix it so he brought his Dad over and he thinks ( didn't sound confident) that I need to change the guts out on both the 2-way Ortega valves and said if its not that then he doesn't know....Great

So before I go spend a 100 bucks I figure I'd find a place like this and ask.

TIA

The first thing to suspect is the check valves but since you've already ruled out that it has to be something leaking from the spa to the pool. It could be the Ortega valves.
It would help if you could post a picture of the plumbing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.