Creative way to rig a way to vacuum

May 9, 2013
North East Ohio
Ok so this might be a stretch, but I will try to explain.

I finally have my pumps running, with the exception of the skimmer/vacuum intake....so I have no way to simply just connect my vacuum hose (manual of course).

My water is clear, except I have a large amount off dirt on the bottom just from construction, etc. My PB says it will be another week before that part is finished...

Currently I have two main drains in the deep end on the wall that is all I have for water intake, of course my returns are all working. Does anyone have a creative way to somehow use one of my main drains to create a way to vacuum. I was thinking take a small bucket, cut a hole for the vacuum hose and then simply "COVER" the main drain with the bucket and I would get some suction.

I could turn the second main drain off of course if that will help.

Does anyone else have any ideas or ways to accomplish what I am trying to do. It is just going to be so hot later this week that my kid is begging for me to get the pool clean.

Thanks in advance!

Ok, you had me worried there. Anyway, I wouldn't worry about vacuuming until the skimmers are running. Just get yourself a leaf rake to keep the leaves off the bottom in meantime.

If it is fine dirt, then you can use a pool brush to push it toward the main drain but be careful because leaves can easily clog a main drain so a leaf rake is much better for that.

Yeah it is find dirt and I did use a leaf rake first, but I do have a few leaves.....so I've been watching for intake clogs and then shutting the pump to clear the leaves. Looks like I will just keep at this method until the PB gets things completely hooked up.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.