Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Gunite shot two separate days

1. Back To Top    #1

Gunite shot two separate days

I just found out that my gunite was shot on 2 separate days with 3 days in between.
    My pool builder told me that this is not uncommon for more complex projects.

I am just concerned about the structural integrity of the pool especially since it has an infinity edge on two sides, a wet edge on the remaining two sides, and is built into an elevated deck 12' above grade. The elevated patio area has had nearly 40 loads of dirt compacted, and there are still a few loads of dirt that will need to be added and compacted around the pool. I am a bit worried of a blowout when they compact this last bit of dirt.

Here is what the pool looked like after the first day of shooting:

After second shooting session 3 days later:

36000 gals, IG plaster, DE filter JANDY, 3 PUMPS ONE FOR POOL, ONE FOR WATERFALL, ONE FOR NEG EDGE, BUILT 2007, SPA, SWG THAT MIGHT WORK?? WISHING FOR A CLEANER

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Gunite shot two separate days

Unless you have some reason to mistrust your PB, I think his advice would be more valuable than us pool owners who have never shot a pool before.

But, from an uneducated and inexperienced standpoint, the rebar will hold two separate pours just fine and I would be fine with my PB doing that.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School