Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wrinkles after very long and heavy rain

1. Back To Top    #1

Wrinkles after very long and heavy rain

I have heard of getting wrinkles from letting the water level get too low, but I have never heard of getting them from overfill. Pool was at normal level before storms last night and to the middle of the coping this mornnig. Bigger wrinkles at several of the seams and smaller wrinkles around the drain area with a couple at two of the eyeball returns. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
    Okalhoma City, Oklahoma
    TF-100 Test kit, BBB method
    20,000 gal ig vinyl liner, fg steps, ss ladder/rail, 14.5' x 42' x 4.5"
    Sta-Rite 37 sq ft DE filter, 1 1/2 hp pump, inline chlorinator, Sta-Rite 2" multiport, Polaris 145 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Wrinkles after very long and heavy rain

No input, but glad you are safe after an already horrible storm season in OK.
    POOL: Intex ultra new in 2014 (32 x 16 x 52) (seasonal; on concrete pad covered with 1.5" extruded or whatever foam insulation sheets - ugly, but comfy); added a through-wall skimmer; I add salt for feel. EQUIPMENT: Pentair SuperFlo pump (1HP, 2SPD); Pentair cartridge filter (200 sq. ft); Pentair MasterTemp natural gas heater (400,000 btu) Climate/Location: Eastern Nebraska

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

It sounds like your liner has lifted from the pool floor because of excessive ground water. Are they wrinkles or a bit more like bulges? Got a pic?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

[attachment=0:13c67i2z]Photo 1.jpg[/attachment:13c67i2z][attachment=1:13c67i2z]Photo 2.jpg[/attachment:13c67i2z]

Thanks, we are lucky so far not to have much damage.

This picture is not the best, the seam looks like a small rope almost. There are more like this as well as smaller ones running up the angle.

Shadow is cleaning hose.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Okalhoma City, Oklahoma
    Sta-Rite 37 sq ft DE filter, 1 1/2 hp pump, inline chlorinator, Sta-Rite 2" multiport, Polaris 145 cleaner.

5. Back To Top    #5

Well I discovered that the pool cleaner will not make it over the wrinkles. Darn! I was loving that little guy because it made it so easy on me. I have noticed a couple of areas that may have allowed water to penetrate the pool decking, I should have sealed them off by now butů Does anyone know if it is necessary to caulk between the fiberglass steps and the concrete decking? It seems to me that this is an area that water could get in under the steps/pool. I will get it the thing once the temp gets over 80+ and do my best to push them out, but other than that I guess I will start shopping for a new liner for next season. At least my water is crystal clear and the wrinkles really don't show that bad during the full sun. I just have a lot more sweeping to do without being able to use the cleaner. Thanks!
    Okalhoma City, Oklahoma