Cloudy Water thoughts...

shep377

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Things are running fine in my pool, the TF100 and BBB is so unbelievably simple and effective. I have a SWG, but the pool is too cold just yet... I should be turning it on this weekend as I am now consistently over 70deg. Having a SWG makes me grow less diligent! I am used to not having to add to keep FC where I want it. I test every 2-3 days, where I should be testing daily. This only makes any kind of difference at the first of the season when I cannot run the SWG due to low water temp.

Hot sunny days brings the FC=0. The next day yields cloudy water - deep end pattern is distinctly washed out and you have to struggle to see it. Testing reveals FC=0, CC=0. TC=0. Completely my fault through laziness and habits formed by SWG. I bring the TC up to about 4 and in 2-3 days the water returns to crystal clear. Then a week or so later I get busy with work, and since we are not swimming due to cold water, I get lax again and it happens again. But clears up completely when I bring it back up for a couple of days.

When I test I always have CC=0, and when FC=3-5 the water looks fantastic. I know the answer is "don't do that" (Dr, it hurts when I do this...), and there will be no issue when the SWG kicks on again.

QUESTION: when all my levels are where I want them, the water is clear, when FC=0, it goes cloudy for a few days. Is this the norm? It there something slight living in my pool that is killed when I bring back the FC? My CC has always been 0. I can also pass the OCLT.

It is not really a problem, since I do keep the levels where they should be, just a question about pre-season maintenance and an observation.

shep377 said:
QUESTION: when all my levels are where I want them, the water is clear, when FC=0, it goes cloudy for a few days. Is this the norm? It there something slight living in my pool that is killed when I bring back the FC?
Yes, this is very likely what is happening.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.