Pentair Max E-Therm Heater Trouble Shooting

I have 5 Max e therm heaters. I have had issues with the following:
- Broken ignighter
- several worn out heat exchangers
- Mother board problem keeping heat settings
- pressure/flow switch issues
- voltage problems
- Gas flow issues
But I still like these heaters and by now I really know how to work on them. They also have several warning lights indicators on pad and under motherboard. It would be wise to read up on those warning lights before doing any major work. The guys at pentair are on call and very helpful.

Two issues;

Took apart to find mouse nest and some nibbled wires at the ignition AND while working on the rest of the system- including bubbles in the Spa mode ......

FOUND A 2" RUBBER Plug wedged into the return line.

After discussion seems like husband had one sucked in last year, but forgot to tell anyone but his wife...... luckily was able to remove with a coat hanger. It came all the way from the spa drain.

I know this would create a Service error and flow issue - as flow was low and I could not figure out why.

So will finish cleaning out mouse nest and install ignightor today.

Thanks

Ok I replaced the ignition and cleaned it out a bit.

Still no fire. Tried turning circuit breaker off and resetting, but still no go.

Service Heater Light is ON

Did not see any LED's on top or underside of control panel after unscrewing. Will look at ignition control tomorrow as I just saw it was under a metal cover. Looks like there are LED;s in there.

THINK A MOUSE may have made a winter home in it

How do you clean out the combustion chamber and inside areas.

Another tech before me replaced the thermostat, high low limit switch and some other switch.

Or other ideas. Thanks

Extremely unlikely anything go into the can where the burner is. It's a sealed chamber. Sounds like just a rodent issue and lots of times you end up chasing your tail on fixing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.