Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: if FC drops below minimum, but only for a short while...

1. Back To Top    #1

if FC drops below minimum, but only for a short while...

if FC drops below minimum, but only for a short while, is it always necessary to bring it up to shock level if you have CC of 1?

I'm a little late adding chlorine tonight....have a FC of 1.5, CYA of 30, and CC of @ 1.

Do I really need to bring FC up to 12?
    8,000 gallon, in ground, fiberglass pool with a cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: if FC drops below minimum, but only for a short while...

CC of 1 usually means your in need of the shocking process. You could bring it up to the upper normal range (6 ppm) and recheck in the morning before deciding if you need to go to shocking level....but if it was me I would probably get it up to 13 ppm and do a OCLT: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...rnight_fc_test
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

That would be the safest ... at least elevate it some.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

If your cc hits 1, well, you know what to do. I would not trust water at a CC of 1. Kill it now.

How is the weather up in VA? Post your COMPLETE test results so everyone can help you. Where are your current results obtained from?

Good luck and A Happy Swim Season!
    Gunite/Plaster pool at 13k gallons. All Jandy with CL340 series cartridge filter, 1.5 HP Jandy Stealth pump. Jandy 1400 SWCG and PDA4 controller. Dual waterfalls. Polaris 280. Pool installed August 2012. Southern Louisiana. And lets not forget my trusty TF100 test kit!

5. Back To Top    #5

I put in 3 quarts of 8.25 % last night, which should have brought it up to FC 6.8 from 1.5, according to the pool calculator.

Just tested, and FC is 10.5, with CC less than .5.

I'm not sure how the FC reading is possible....to go from 1.5 all the way up to around 10.5 on 3 quarts of 8.25% bleach.

Weird....

regardless, water is crystal clear, and CC is less than .5, so I'll go with it.
    8,000 gallon, in ground, fiberglass pool with a cartridge filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

Did it recently rain? I registered CC of 1.5 during rain last night, but woke up with CC of 0 and water still crystal clear. I'm not gonna worry about it unless my FC use ramps up or the water starts getting cloudy.
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing