to fill in or not

AimeeH

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Apr 2, 2012
Columbia SC
My husband is an appraiser and these photos come from a bank owned home. Would it just be better/cheaper to fill this in? there are actual trees in these pics..

Attachments

• today1.JPG
    today1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 100
  • today2.JPG
    today2.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 100
  • today3.JPG
    today3.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 100
It is hard to tell from the photos, but I would say if the decking and the walls are intact it could be saved, all it would really need is to be cleaned out have the floor redone, a new liner, and maybe a new pump. I would guess $6,000-$9,000 worth of work vs replacement cost at least 3-4 times that.

Ike

Thanks.......he didn't know where to go on his one. There was literally a tree in there. I said it would be cheaper to fill it in than fix it. Bank owned home.....they just want the quick fix.

I've seen worse rehabbed n look amazing now! If you can swing the green n aren't afraid of hard work, go for it!

It isn't our home. My husband is an appraiser and this is bank owned. He has to give bank cost of making homes functional and had never run across something like that before. He knows I spend all summer reading this forum so he asked me if I had any input. I'm thinking in this case he should subtract cost to fill it in from the real estate value. What a shame.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.