Wife invited 50 people for 4 year old party WTH?!?

harleysilo

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 1, 2012
North Georgia
50 people LOL. Pools perfect! Hot tub will be off limits after 9 kids destroyed it a couple weeks ago, cloudy for 2 days after! The good news is most parents are lame and won't swim but that's okay I will and they can keep my drink fresh!

So well see what the pool looks like after 20 kids tear it up for several hours, last time with 20 people water looked great from above but underwater with googles I could tell clarity had been reduced.....

harleysilo said:
50 people LOL. Pools perfect! Hot tub will be off limits after 9 kids destroyed it a couple weeks ago, cloudy for 2 days after! The good news is most parents are lame and won't swim but that's okay I will and they can keep my drink fresh!

So well see what the pool looks like after 20 kids tear it up for several hours, last time with 20 people water looked great from above but underwater with googles I could tell clarity had been reduced.....
I believe the calculations last year worked out to something like .17 FC per swim-hour.
20 kids for 4 hours will consume 13.6 FC. Let us know if that still holds true. :p

Only 50 people? I hold a 4th of July BBQ and Fireworks spectacular each year and have well over 150 folks show up. The old 18ft inflatable pool worked well for the kids but not the adults. This year will be our first 4th Party with the inground, looking forward to see how it goes. (if the water ever warms up, 76 degrees today)

4knights said:
Only 50 people? I hold a 4th of July BBQ and Fireworks spectacular each year and have well over 150 folks show up. The old 18ft inflatable pool worked well for the kids but not the adults. This year will be our first 4th Party with the inground, looking forward to see how it goes. (if the water ever warms up, 76 degrees today)
That's either one massive house or you set up giant party tents? I live in a subdivision, granted they are acre lots but that many cars would be a disaster, have to have shuttle service or something.

Guess I'll hit the pool mid party with some bleach don't think the SWG will keep up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Richard320 said:
woodyp said:
Who on earth worked out a calculation for .17 FC loss per swim hour per swimmer? I'd like to see that work sheet!
I don't recall. It was in some thread about the aftermath of a big party. It could have been higher, but for some reason, .17 is stuck in my head.
It doesn't work that way. The amount of FC loss will depend not only on the number of bather-hours, but also on the volume of pool water. The better way to look at this is to figure 4 grams of chlorine (as ppm Cl2) per person-hour. 20 kids for 4 hours would be 80 person-hours so 320 grams of chlorine. Since the pool is 19,000 gallons which is 71,923 liters, then this is (1000 mg/g)*(320 g)/(71,923 L) = 4.4 mg/L or ppm FC. Now this assumes "normal" bathers. If the kids are urinating, then all bets are off and the chlorine usage can be far higher.

chem geek said:
Richard320 said:
woodyp said:
Who on earth worked out a calculation for .17 FC loss per swim hour per swimmer? I'd like to see that work sheet!
I don't recall. It was in some thread about the aftermath of a big party. It could have been higher, but for some reason, .17 is stuck in my head.
It doesn't work that way. The amount of FC loss will depend not only on the number of bather-hours, but also on the volume of pool water. The better way to look at this is to figure 4 grams of chlorine (as ppm Cl2) per person-hour. 20 kids for 4 hours would be 80 person-hours so 320 grams of chlorine. Since the pool is 19,000 gallons which is 71,923 liters, then this is (1000 mg/g)*(320 g)/(71,923 L) = 4.4 mg/L or ppm FC. Now this assumes "normal" bathers. If the kids are urinating, then all bets are off and the chlorine usage can be far higher.

Chemgeek,

I think you left off part of the equation. What you left of was the amount of cannonballs vs the total amount of beer flops divided by pi then subtracted by the amount of drinks harley has thinking about how wrecked his pool might get. :cool:

Jerry

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So mostly kids just swimming, there were 23. Pool looks great, no chlorine loss, inch of splash out, and water is a little cloudy/fuzzy/hazy when viewing underwater with goggles. I think it's just gonna have to filter out, I don't think raising chlorine will help, it's at 5 ppm right now. I tested mid party and it was 5, so it never went down as far as I know, I had the SWG running of course but only at 50%, kids swam for 3 hours or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.