Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Carolina Girls... Best in the World!

1. Back To Top    #1

Carolina Girls... Best in the World!

Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina....... except to have a beautiful, sparkling pool in your backyard!

Hello from NC! My husband and I have been a pool owner for 11 years. We have an 18' x 33' x 4' ABG that has been a test area for our local pool store for years, and now with the help of this wonderful forum, I am taking my pool back! It is now a salt water pool and using the BBB method and I am testing my own water with the TF100 kit that is recommended on this site. Can anybody say FREEDOM?? I feel like the chain that the pool store had hooked to my leg was just long enough for me to get to my pool and for them to yank me back in! If they said I needed it, WELL, I needed it and I bought it... and bought it... and bought more of it.. every week. Oh the HUNDREDS of dollars I dumped in that pool last year alone would have paid for a year of college.. at Harvard!

Well... no more, no more, I am not going to that store!!

Actually, the money pit was going to come down this year, until my oldest daughter said 'take it down?, but the babies love water' and she should know because she has 16 month old quadruplets! Now my middle daughter is expecting triplet boys! So we have got to keep that pool in tip top shape for all of our grandkids!!

Thank you trouble free pool and experts!
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

because she has 16 month old quadruplets! Now my middle daughter is expecting triplet boys!
    Holy Benoli! Talk about an instant family reunion!! That's amazing....congrats!

Welcome to the forum. We Carolinians are slowly gaining on the Texans here. I have always been puzzled why there are not more Californians.....maybe I don't want to know!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    duraleigh...
    Thanks for such a great test kit! I think I will go sit in the parking lot of the pool store and charge a fee to test water of the poor people going in for chemicals! Then I recoup some of my lost money from the past 10+ years!!

I don't think very many people can say they have 5 sets of twins, a set of triplets and a set of quads in their family... but I can!!!

I will be back!!! ... next Saturday!

GO TARHEELS!! Nancy
    I AM LOVING THE SALT WATER AND THE BBB METHOD! 15 yr old 15,300 gal ABG, with 5 yr old liner, 5 yr old AquaTrol SWG, S220T Hayward Sand Filter, 1 1/2 HP 2 speed Hayward Pump, TF100 Test Kit, 11 yr old grandson, 6 yr old grand-quads AND 4 year old triplet grandsons! ~ I AM HAVING FUN NOW!

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome, sounds like you are going to have lots of company at your pool soon and no time to run to the PS, got the kit just in time. Control (good test kit) + knowledge (this forum)= Freedom
    AGP, 21'x41'x52", Vinyl liner, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter

5. Back To Top    #5
    What a blessing!! All those sweet babies!

God bless you
    ~15,700gal~ 18x33 AG~Hayward DE filter~converted using BBB in Oct. '07~

6. Back To Top    #6
    Welcome to TFP!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Now thats a proud grammy, that's awesome! Glad to have you here at TFP
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

8. Back To Top    #8
    Welcome T&Q!

We're glad to have you and your 'clan'

Another Carolina Girl here 8)
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!