Deck cracking and separation from pool shell

May 31, 2013
Noticed pool deck cracking, had the deck mudjack leveled. the gap did not come back together.. Can this be repaired by chasing the crack and back filling with grout, concrete, or polyurethane ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 148
I'm mostly concerned about sealing off the gap between the deck and the pool shell to prevent water intrusion... Any chance I can fix this similar to a driveway crack? It appears to be cosmetic and not structural.. But water getting behind the shell may cause some big problems...

The pool is 35 years old... Hope it would have settled by now but never can tell what was underneath it.. The water line does not appear even aross the entire pool relative to the tile line . I imagine settling did occur.. Te affected area also appears to have been repaired before.. I need a quick fix to stop the water from entering the crack... Caulk or grout? Ill address the cracks later

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.