vacuum??

Apr 22, 2013
My poo is going great! Thanks for all the help I've gotten off this forum!! My pool has been a hit this summer so far!!!

I have decided I am going to get an automatic vacuum for my intex. Here are the 3 I have narrowed it down to..

1. AquaBot Pura 4X
2. Aquabot Pool Rover Junior
3. Aqua Pool Rover S2-40

I'm leaning towards the 4x since it seems to be newer??

I purchased the AquaBot Pura 4X, everything that i read was that it was pretty much the same machine as the rover jr and s2-40 except the pura 4x has a 2 year warrenty. Today i tried it out for the first time, it seemed to work well for the little time that i ran it.
-Is there a specific spot that i am supposed to start it. The instructions did not say anything. It did seem to roam in the same spots some.
-Any tips with using these automatic vacuums.

The 4x and the S2-40 are exactly the same unit, but the 4x is intended to be sold by your local pool dealer. To differentiate it, they give it a 2 year warrantly. The S2-40 (which is the one I have) only has 1 year warranty, and can be purchased online from authorized dealers, such as Amazon.

As far as tips to using it, I just put it in and hold it upside down for a bit to get all the air out, and then place it on the floor against one wall. It will then go about its business. It will go over some spots several times, but that's why you need it to run for 1 to 2 hours so it covers the entire pool. I love mine so far, have had it for about 1 month!

I would stay away from the Pool Rover Jr., I believe those are going obsolete, and the newer series appears to have better performance.

Dino

thedarktitan said:
Dinom- Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I bought the pura 4x and I'm liking it so far!! I love that it has the 2 year warranty.

Do the new replacements for the Rover Jr have the same set-up, not connected to your filter/have their own filtration bag? 2nd year vacumming by hand...not as enjoyable when water only 72. ;)

Yes they have the same I'm assuming. My pura 4x does not hook up to the pump/filter. The only thing it needs is a power source to run. Again I bought the pura 4x which was a few dollars more than the rest because it had a two year warranty. I bought mine off of amazon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.