Problem with Pavers under uprights

cb24

May 27, 2013
I just got done installing my 24' pool. It was used, but I got it free so I'm happy. Install went well I did it with a friend. It looks great, it is perfectly level, and I was pretty proud of it until I noticed an issue. Apparently when we were kicking out the liner I kicked a few of the uprights back and they are not entirely on the pavers. I didn't notice until after we filled it because I checked them before putting in the liner, I just didn't think to check afterwards. Anyhow 90% of the plate is on the paver even for the ones that came off, it is just the back inch or so of them. The whole track is on the paver and the ground is pretty solid over the whole pool. We have had heave rains since the install and it hasn't sunk. My question is should I dig out around it and put another paver down or would I be doing more harm than good by disturbing the packed soil?

If the upright bases are 90% on the pavers still, I would think it would be fine. I am interested in how it happened though, since the metal wall should stabilize everything and not let it push out much. Maybe you bumped the pool slightly out of round?

Did you stake the track in place when you installed the walls?

I'm thinking that I wasn't truly round when I laid out the pavers and the wall made it round. I did not stake in the track. It is about 4 uprights 2 of which are right on the edge of the paver and the others are not more than an inch over it. The part with the track is on the paver it is basically the back foot end where the column screws in that is hanging off an inch or so.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.