Getting the right info for my signature?

Ok, I want to put all the correct info in my signature but I honestly don't know what I have. So far I have had multiple pool services open/close my pool and I've relied on the pool stores to tell me what I need. I'm ready to do things myself. I've ordered the t-100 kit and magnetic stirrer. I have been using a Nature2 system since installation in 2005. The first few years it seemed to work but by 2007 I began to have so much trouble keeping chlorine (according to the pool store tests). I am used to shocking every week, using black magic mustard powder, and PhosFree since we have phosphates. I know now from reading pool school that all of the stuff I've been told is a lie. I want to cry at all the wasted $$$. Mustard algae is a constant nuisance even though the pool looks pretty clear.

I have posted all the info I know in my signature but would appreciate help identifying the sand filter info and pump info (I believe it is just a 2.0) so I can put it in my signature. The sand was last changed in 2011. Pool was not opened in 2012.

Very excited to get my test kit and actually learn how to take care of my pool. Thanks!

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 51
  • filter.jpg
    filter.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 51
One more thing it is helpful if you also put your location in your profile so it will show up under your name, knowing the region a person is in helps us give better advice as we tend to know things like, length of swim season, amount of seasonal rain, maybe even general trend for water hardness, etc.

Ike

Well, I got my TF100 kit on Monday and my husband stole it! That kit is FANTASTIC! I would love to post some numbers but he has it under lock and key and has totally taken over the pool duties! He acts like a kid in chemistry class or something. I'm thoroughly convinced that if I could get a test kit for cleaning gutters he would be all over it. The magnetic stirrer is so helpful too! Seriously, we've washed our hands of the pool store and the water looks GREAT! Still in the shocking process. I'm so happy to relinquish the pool duties!!!! Thanks for all the wonderful information!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.