BBB readings

Apr 10, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Hey all, I checked my cya yesterday with the tf100 and it read about 25. I checked again today and it read the same. Last night I checked the chlorine andit was at 1ppm. I then added 3 cups of 6% bleach last night to see if it would raise when I checked it this morning.

I checked it and I'm currently reading .5 on FC. Any suggestions?

We'd love to help, but we need more information...

What's the problem?
How does the water look?
How big is the pool? (Please put all your info in your signature: User Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Signature)
How are you chlorinating?
Can you post a full set of test results?

CYA shouldn't change unless you dump water or add more.
FC goes down quickly because it breaks down in the sun (normal) or because something is living in your pool and the FC is trying to kill it (not normal).

It's not really cloudy it just has a minor not clarity to it. It has been opened for about a month or so now. Ill post pictures to show you guys, I've been adding bleach everyday, even before I got the tf100. Always adding extra just incase I was off.

Thank you guys, keep the suggestions coming. I'm in the process of trying to calculate how much to add in nightly.

null_zps533ff0fe.jpg

null_zps5a991c69.jpg

Not to be snarky (a word?), but if you were staying on top of the FC ... it would never have dropped to 1ppm or 0.5ppm like you reported in your first post.

It should never have been allowed to get below 2ppm (based on your CYA level) ... once it did, stuff can start to grow and cause the clarity issues ... especially since you are running the pump 24/7 and thus not likely due to dirt.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.