Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IG Skimmer issue, question...

1. Back To Top    #1

IG Skimmer issue, question...

I am having an issue with my skimmer door sticking when there are waves in the pool. I have grinded down the sides so that it moves more freely, but, it still happens once in a while. I noticed that when I look into the skimmer opening from inside the pool, the collar that holds the top cover, covers almost half of my skimmer opening inside. Is this correct? The skimmer opening is rectangle shaped, and the collar is round, but it seems that would be blocking some water into the skimmer. I would assume that the whole skimmer opening should be wide open into where the skimmer basket is.... Should I cut a little section of the lower part of the collar out so that it is not blocking the skimmer opening?
    Thanks
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: IG Skimmer issue, question...

Tried to upload a pic... hope it works! Inside the skimmer opening is the collar that holds the top cover on. When the concrete was poured, it was pushed down so that the top is level with the concrete. Should I cut some of the collar out?
    http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag5 ... 80081e.jpg
    Upstate/Central New York. Roman style IG fiberglass pool, 13X33, 8800 gallons, installed July 2012. Pentair cartridge filter, 1 hp Pentair single speed pump. Taylor K2006 Test kit. Went BBB route in spring of 2013, no problems, no regrets!!!!!!

3. Back To Top    #3

Why is that picture so tiny? I think you are right and that collar should not be so low ... I would certainly try to trim it out of the way of the weir.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Haha, still new at the picture thing! It doesn't kit the weir, but it seems like it would be restricting alot of flow. Thanks!