How to wire 2 speed pump

Re: Hayward Superpump 2-speed 230V 1HP wiring help

bnterrill said:
i am having the same problem on how to wire ? two hot wires land where ? and no nuetral from gfci breaker to pump?

Hots are L1 and L2 or Line1 and Line2. No neutral on a 220V setup.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Mine only had 2 positions as well and I had to connect the second line to the middle of the switch. Where does the wire from the middle of the switch connect?

The Superpump has 2 position switch and power should go to L1 and L2. Did you test the lines going to the motor terminals to make sure you have power directly to the motor?

Wire from the middle of the switch goes to L3 terminal. I just dont wanna hook this up wrong and burn it up. I am pretty sure the incoming leads r hot but i cant test it right now i am at work. Plus i am working on uploading nameplate w diagram and picture of peckerhead.

Generally, a 2 speed has a common that is on #1, a "high" terminal and a "low" terminal. The switch takes one hot lead off the breaker and splits it between the high and low side windings. The other hot lead from the breaker goes to the common terminal. No neutral.

Like jason said, post up a wiring diagram.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.