Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Local Pool Store Reagents

1. Back To Top    #1

Local Pool Store Reagents

I was in a corner as some of my reagents got very low, so I decided to go up to the local pool store to see if they had refills, the guy is not bad and runs a pretty good shop, and I figured "How can I get taken on Reagents".

I asked for R-0003.......the guy does a double take and says "No one EVER asks for that stuff".

Makes me wonder what everyone in this City does for pool testing, although I'm sure I know.

Then I decided, I'm low on on R-0004 so give me some of that as well. Both were 60 ml bottles.

$51.00

Man, I got taken, never again. I can buy them online and get them shipped for half of that, I'm done shopping there, totally ripped me off, I was stunned.

On a side note, I work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) we plot municipal and utilties assets atop ground truthed aerial photos and sat imagery, database kind of stuff. Recently we updated our aerial photography and it was taken when people were in the process of opening pools.
    As I pan around the imagery doing work its: green pool, green pool, sort of green pool, brown pool, green pool, green pool.

Maybe I should open a pool company!
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Local Pool Store Reagents

Worse yet, the reagents may be out of date if no one ever buys them

Ike
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

I know he does alot of water testing, that's why I went there, so not too concerned about that.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list

4. Back To Top    #4

I found one store locally that has some. They don't have the stuff to do fas-dpd but I do get cya regents. Its about the same price.

I know what you mean about the aerial photos. Got on google maps and google earth one day. I was surprised at all the green pools around me. Very few were clear. Mine did not even looked like it had water in it other than a shadow on one side.
    17500 gallon Doughboy AGP, Hayward DE filter, waiting for the 1.5hp DB pump to go out.
    Learn to take the advice here and be trouble free or use the pool store's advice. "You can't do both and get very far"

5. Back To Top    #5

What's really sad is all those people with green pools tell all their friends "Pools are the worst, they always turn green and they are so expensive to upkeep"
    11,700 gallon 21' round 54" deep all-resin AGP - June 2012
    Waterway 1HP 2-speed pump / 100 sq ft cartridge filter
    Hayward 150,000btu Natural Gas heater
    I use and recommend the TF-100 for testing

6. Back To Top    #6

On a side note, I work in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) we plot municipal and utilties assets atop ground truthed aerial photos and sat imagery, database kind of stuff. Recently we updated our aerial photography and it was taken when people were in the process of opening pools.
    As I pan around the imagery doing work its: green pool, green pool, sort of green pool, brown pool, green pool, green pool.

Maybe I should open a pool company!
    I am in the GIS field too. Are you with a consulting company?
    22,600 gal. Vinyl Inground, FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, WhisperFlo 1HP Pump, SWG, Dolphin Nautilus

7. Back To Top    #7

It is amazing how the GIS field has grown in the last few years, I first heard of it 7 or 8 years ago when a good friends wife was getting her Master's in it (She is now finishing up her Phd)
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~