Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame, 2650gph Sand Filter, and Vacuum?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ultra Frame, 2650gph Sand Filter, and Vacuum?

I'm putting up my 18'x48" Intex Ultra Frame pool this weekend. I also have the larger 2650gph Intex Sand filter. What vacuum can I get to use with this and how do I connect it? Eventually I'd like to put the in wall skimmer in (I hate that it doesn't have this like the regular Intex pools do). I'm assuming that I will have wrinkles on the bottom of the pool, so I'm not sure I'm looking to buy one of the automatic vacuums, so I'm just looking for a good, relatively inexpensive manual vacuum that will connect to the filter I have. Thanks.
    Intex Ultra Frame 18'x48"
    Intex 14-Inch Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump
    Intex Intex Krystal Clear Salt System (not yet installed)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Ultra Frame, 2650gph Sand Filter, and Vacuum?

For the past month I have been battling with vacuuming through my pump. I have the intex kit that you hook up through the intake. It works decent, but is a lot of work constantly making sure fhe pump is getting water, vacuum hose losing prime, and ect. Today I finally decided that I am going to get an automatic one.
    24x54 Saltwater 8000 (thepoolfactory), Hayward 23" Sand Filter, 1.5Hp 1-Speed Power-Flo Matrix Pump, AQ-TROL SWG, AquaBot Pura 4X