Dirt Devil ROGUE

Picked up one of the Dirt Devil ROGUE In-Ground Suction-Side Automatic Swimming Pool Vacuum Cleaner.

This is the first auto pool vacuum we've owned. We picked it up because the price was right. They are on ebay for about 175. If figured at that price, it was worth a try. Here is my review for anyone considering one.

First, it works. When I opened it the thing looked so simple, I couldn't imagine that this thing was going to work. It isn't fast, and it isn't especially efficient... but, it works.

Below is a photo of it in action. It climbs walls well and generally gets about 95 to 98% of the pool. I have found that there are places where the pool floor elevation changes that seem to get missed. It appears that if you pull the vacuum out and start it again from a new starting point, that new pattern will most likely hit those spots. So, for those reasons, if you are a perfectionist, you will find fault with it.

Set up is not hard, but cumbersome. The hose has to be pulled apart into 2 ft sections and reassembled each time you use it. However, the fact that it disassembles means it is easy to store.

The thing runs off the pool pump's suction without anything else.

Hope this helps. If anyone has specific questions, let me know!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.