Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Krystal Clear Saltwater System not making chlorine. HELP!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Krystal Clear Saltwater System not making chlorine. HELP!!!!

Hi, I am a complete newbie to poolcare. We bought an above ground pool.

We have followed everything to a tee; exact amount of salt in... we run it, clean it, vaccuum it... It's turning green and cloudy and I believe it's b/c it never shows the chlorine level up. The "free" chlorine doesn't register on the strips or the test pool kit (drops). Now... our PH level is high.

How do we verify the chlorine part of our saltwater pump is working? We don't get errors, it shows it's working but we never get a change in chlorine level.

At this point we are highly frustrated!!!!!!

Thanks,
    Shannon

Pro-Series 26 Ft x 52 In Frame Pool Set, which I figured to be about 15,156 gallons/AG/Vinyl
    2,000 gallon per hour filter pump/model #: SFS2000 (filter is hooked to side of the pool with a backwash)SKIMMERPLUS® Filter Pump System
    Bought and put up in April 2013
    Krystal Clear Saltwater System for Above Ground Pools
    Thanks,
    Shannon

Pro-Series 26 Ft x 52 In Frame Pool Set, which I figured to be about 15,156 gallons/AG/Vinyl
    2,000 gallon per hour filter pump/model #: SFS2000 (filter is hooked to side of the pool with a backwash)SKIMMERPLUS® Filter Pump System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Krystal Clear Saltwater System not making chlorine. HELP

Welcome to TFP.

Which drop test kit do you have?
    Have you had the salt level tested?
    Can you post a full set of test results?

The swg won't overcome and algae outbreak by itself. You need to perform the shock process using bleach. Once you pass the OCLT and get the water clear and balanced then you can determine whether the swg is generating or not. I suspect that it is, but it can't overcome the algae you already have.

What all have you put in the water to this point?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

how much bleach should I put in there? Do I run the filter and saltwater system when I put it in or just the filter?
    Thanks,
    Shannon

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!!

You did not answer any of Bama's questions.

You need to follow the Shocking Your Pool PROCESS with the SWG off. Then determine if it is working.

Use poolcalculator.com to determine how much of each chemical should be added to acheive the desired result.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!