Is "Salt One" specific stabilizer worth it?

May 26, 2013
Ottawa, On, Canada
I wne tot my local pool place to get stabilizer and they recommended I get this stuff call Salt One from a company called IPG http://ipgcanada.com/en/ . I've only found one other post here salt-one-pool-protect-product-what-is-it-t35535.html and no one seemed to know what it was. I asked what it was and it's basically stabilizer with "water softeners" and "other stuff" designed to help increase the life of the SWG cell. I looked at the label and it doesn't list anything that's in it, but it's double the price of standard stabilizer! At this point my BS meter was at 99% so I skipped it, but I though I'd check here and see if I made the right move or not. Any ideas?

Thanks,
David

You should avoid "combo" products in general. Typically the give you one thing you need, and several other things you don't want, and cost more that adding everything you could possibly want individually.

Re: Is

jblizzle said:
Welcome to TFP!
I think your meter was working just fine. :goodjob:

lol .... the quote of the week.

Yes, I got several sample packs with my pool install 4 or so years ago. And for the life of me couldn't determine the ingredients ... even after visiting their website. Added them then, but never have since.

KC

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.