Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help!!! First test with TF kit

1. Back To Top    #1

Help!!! First test with TF kit

Well I bit the bullet and got my TF kit in today. Wow!!!

I ran the numbers and here is what I came up with.

FC: 1
    CC: .5
    PH: 6.8
    CYA: 78
    CH: 160
    TA: 100

Pool seems to be getting clearer, but still milky.

The pool is an 18X36 IG pool. Roughly 29,100 gallons. It is in full sunlight all day and is also a solar pool (currently 84F)

If I understand the numbers, my FC, CC and TC are all very low and the CYA is sky high. If I ran the numbers through Pool Calculator correctly, I would need to use 2-3 gallons of bleach 12.5% to bring the Chlorine into range.

I have officially realized how evil Trichlor pucks are... They are driving my CYA through the roof!!!

Am i on the right track?

Lee

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help!!! First test with TF kit

Yes, you are.

Raise pH before you start, because the test is inaccurate above 10 FC and you won't be able to test or adjust while in the shock process. Photo proof. accurate-ph-test-during-shock-levels-with-r-007-t61076.html
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Should I hit Alkalinity at the same time?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy72
    Should I hit Alkalinity at the same time?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Nope. It's fine.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

so it is off to get some Borax in the am...

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy72
    so it is off to get some Borax in the am...
    Isn't your Walmart open 24 hours?

7. Back To Top    #7

It is, but it is 15 miles away..and right close to my work... we have a new one opening a mile away later this year.

I re-read pool school again last night. Makes more sense once you see the results. Should be close to swimmable tonight