May 30, 2013
Hey guys, first time user of the board looking for advice. I bought a Sharkline 28' Endeavor pool in July 2010. I was just starting the opening process today when I noticed rust on the bottom edge of the steel. I was poking around it and of course, I poked a tiny hole in the liner. I called the place I bought the pool from, and they told me it was caused by something hitting the metal and causing a chip, which caused the rust and wouldn't be covered by any warranty. I was thinking it was plausible and hating life thinking of where I could come up with the money(they quoted me over 1500). Then I started looking at the rest of the pool and I found rust bubbles on the steel behind the covering where there is no penetration of the covering in several other places around the pool. I haven't called the company back yet, but I am sure they are going to fight it. Do I have a leg to stand on? From the warranty I could find online it states 3 yr rust penetrate warranty for the steel.... Anybody gone through this process? Whats my next step?

Thanks for any advice!

I suspect they'll fight you every step of the way, from some of the stuff I've read here and some of the pics I've seen I personally wouldn't put alot of stock in a replacement warranty.

Just my 2 cents, I hope I'm wrong.

Perhaps you can patch the liner as well as the steel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.