Reduce TA without affecting PH

Reducing TA from 125 to 80 shouldn't take too long. If I were you, I wouldn't bother making a special aeration device, maybe just point your returns upwards.

Also, unless you have a SWG, there's no rush to reduce TA. Just wait until your pH climbs to 7.8, add acid to reduce to 7.2, and repeat.

faby3003 said:
Reducing TA from 125 to 80 shouldn't take too long. If I were you, I wouldn't bother making a special aeration device, maybe just point your returns upwards.

Also, unless you have a SWG, there's no rush to reduce TA. Just wait until your pH climbs to 7.8, add acid to reduce to 7.2, and repeat.

Good suggestion. However I did pick up parts today to make aeration device, now need to figure out how to connect to wall port. Its a 1" outlet flange attached to what I think is 1.5" pipe. Not sure just yet.

Trying to get correct numbers for Borax application then add SWG.

Thanks for your response. Jim

Hey guys, what do you think of this. Finished my weekend project which was adjusting numbers so that I could do Borax application and salt pool for SWG install later this week. Here are numbers after Borax and Salt added to pool water. Borax sticks are on backorder and should have CYA refreshed by thur. First column is using Taylor K-2006 second column is from free store PAP. Let me have your thoughts Please. Thanks jim
DATE 06/03/13 Same Day
FC 8.0 3.0
CC 0.5 0.0
TC 8.5 3.0
PH 7.4 7.4
TA 75 110
CH 275 300
CYA 35 90
SALT
K-2006 PAP

Looking good! Ignore the pool store results and depend on your own testing.

Your CYA level is low for where you will want it when you get the SWG. You should raise CYA in two or three steps. It is easy to raise CYA further if you add too little, but difficult to lower CYA, so best to sneak up on your target level.

flyboytfp said:
Hey guys, what do you think of this. Finished my weekend project which was adjusting numbers so that I could do Borax application and salt pool for SWG install later this week. Here are numbers after Borax and Salt added to pool water. Borax sticks are on backorder and should have CYA refreshed by thur. First column is using Taylor K-2006 second column is from free store PAP. Let me have your thoughts Please. Thanks jim
DATE 06/03/13 Same Day
FC 8.0 3.0
CC 0.5 0.0
TC 8.5 3.0
PH 7.4 7.4
TA 75 110
CH 275 300
CYA 35 90
SALT
K-2006 PAP
This is exactly why we say get your own high quality test kit and trust your results! If I was you, I wouldn't even bother with another pool store test again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is latest test results:
FC 9.5
CC 0.5
TC 10
PH 7.2
TA 75
CH 250
CYA 70
SALT 3600 with K-2006
SALT 2910 with AquaChek sticks
Confused as to why FC jumped from 4.5 to 9.5 when only change was CYA from 30 to 70. Any ideals?
Would I be safe to install ARQ SWG now with these numbers?
Thanks. Jim

flyboytfp said:
Here is latest test results:
FC 9.5
CC 0.5
TC 10
PH 7.2
TA 75
CH 250
CYA 70
SALT 3600 with K-2006
SALT 2910 with AquaChek sticks
Confused as to why FC jumped from 4.5 to 9.5 when only change was CYA from 30 to 70. Any ideals?
Would I be safe to install ARQ SWG now with these numbers?
Thanks. Jim
You've slowed the UV losses would be my guess.

Yeah, looks like it's time to fire off the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.