17300 gal oval (18x36x4) AG vinyl. Came with the house, unused and untended all last year.
we dumped 10lbs of hth shock into it, cleaned, scooped, vacuumed and filtered for days until it looked like this.
pool store water test results 5-20
cya 0,tc 0,fc 0,ph 7.5, ta 80, hardness 254
Bought LOTS of chemicals, followed directions, brushed, filtered, backwashed, vacuumed. Pulled the wedding cake stairs out (yuck!) and cleaned the debris we found there. A week later it looked clear, except for a couple patches of green. New test results:
cya 19, tc 1.9, fc 1.9, ph 7.2, ta 102, hardness 259
Pool store guy said it was balanced I just needed to vacuum the "dead" algae out and I could shock it for the week after I finished swimming for the day. Make sure I bleached the stairs well before replacing in pool. I've spent days brushing scrubbing and vacuuming, In spite of this I can't get the last few patches of green to go away. I used 4 lbs of hypochlorite to shock tuesday, still popped back up yesterday.
Current test with my aquachek (until I can get a proper kit). TH 100 TC 8.5 FC 10 PH 7.5 TA 100 CYA 50. Here's how it looks:
I know I need to shock again. Is there anything else I could be missing as far as cleaning goes? I don't want to go back to the Pool store since I discovered (while using the Pool Calculator) they figured my pool was over 3000 gal smaller than it actually is. So all my chemical dosages have been weak...
Thanks in advance