Need new DE Filter Casing

May 28, 2013
Is it possible just to get a new de filter casing?....I have an old metal PacFab that is rusted and is starting to have pinhole size leaks on sides. I just put in new filters...only thing I'm seeing online is the whole system with multi-port and sometimes pumps. My filters are 24sq ft...I was told by my pool store that my filter area might be too small for my 12K gallon pool but I inherited this pool, so why would they put a smaller filter in to begin with?
I would like to get a Hayward filter casing that would work with the 24 sq ft filters. Is it possible just to get the casing?

Usually the filter parts would end up costing almost as much as a new filter.

You are right though that your current filter is a bit too small. We would recommend as minimums:
178 sqft cartridge
20" sand
33 sqft DE

I am going to look into a Hayward de3620. I assume that might work better than the one I have now. I found one for just under $500 free shipping.

I do have some brownish-black staining where algae growth was bad. Other than draining and acid-washing, does the black algae solutions work? I saw some videos of algi ban and lo chlor. What is recommended?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.